Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Aim For Stowaways

I just finished the most exhausting 4 day trip... One where everything that can go wrong can... Thankfully I had a fabulous crew, so it wasn't as painful as it could have been.  I finished off the trip with my boo waiting for me with the best Margherita Pizza and a beer... One of the many reasons I love the man...

We spent a relaxing morning together, finished with a little over an hour run around Piedmont Park... Then it was back home to my adoring kitty and beautiful tweeners...

I nearly hit my garage as I was pulling up the driveway, the gladiolas are almost in bloom... That would have been a rookie move... :)  Went to check out the back 40... God I love my garden this time of year.  It brings me no end of happiness.  Part of my lawn actually FEELS like a lawn... my weed and feed attempt last month must be working a bit... Gonna do another dose and see if I can get the rest to feel that amazing under bare feet.

My tomatoes are going to town... I can't wait to make sauces and salsa... mmm... yes boo... you get a bunch of your own fresh "Heathers Market" deliveries... I promise...

I went into my house where my sweet kitty immediately leaped into my arms, purring away and climbing into the nook of my neck where he loves to snuggle... I'm saying all that annoying cat lover things to my baby... when I realize I am hearing a distant cat meow... from INSIDE my house... I go to investigate this mewwww sound... and find it coming from my daughters room... Imagine my surprise when I open it and find a grey kitten... How long has this been hiding in my house dear heart?

A stray from my neighborhood, held captive in my house... I take pictures and post it on facebook on my neighborhood's page... and find out it's been hanging around the 'hood for a few weeks... Everyone is feeding it... Fabulous... I will feed it too... OUTSIDE.  I have a heart to heart with my dear daughter who thought she could bring one more animal into this house... Sorry baby the zoo is full... But I have an evil plan... and I start it in motion... I tell her we will join the houses feeding it... That she can love on it and play with it outside as much as she wants... and keep the food bowl full... I place the bowl NEXT to the chipmunk's hole... and think... this could be sooo much easier than buying a snake...  Nicholette... earn your keep sweet kitty, and I will ensure you grow fat.  :)

Trapping Chipper is off my list of things to do... Keeping a cute grey outdoor kitty happy on the top of the list... God speaks in mysterious ways... Now I've got to go speak to my daughter and make her clean and spray her room... God knows what Nicholette did through the weekend in it... ewwwwwwww... her brilliant idea, her room... her problem.

I still love my life... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment