Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Aim for Malcontent


Hello my name is Heather, and I'm a recovering Union Rep.  I've been clean and in recovery for 18 days.  It's amazing how when you are so caught up in drama you forget the simple joy of living.  The last 19 months I forgot what it's like to love what you do.  I had forgotten what it was like to relax in peace and contentment at home.  The last two weeks of being back "on the line" flying again has been incredible for my soul.

My first trip back was with one of the best crews ever!  One of those trips where you laugh with your crew all day, eat together every night and continue to laugh through the night.  I could not have asked for a better return to my beloved skies.  Passengers commented over and over again on how obvious it is that I love my job.

I think my favorite compliment of the weekend was when one couple told me that I wore my uniform spotlessly.  That I "need to go to Delta and show them how a uniform SHOULD look on"...  thank you kind people.  My ego has been well fed and it feels great to be home.  :)

I flew with one of my new hire classmates from seven years ago.  It was the best way to return... to begin again with one of the fantastic women I started this journey with.  We caught up on what's happened in the last seven years.  So much has changed in both of our lives. 

I also got to see one of my favorite flight attendants on the planet when she was stuck in MSP during her commute into domicile.  "Girl come stay with me for the night!"... and she did... and we laughed our butts off all night and morning.  Love love LOVE her!

Where am I?
I looked out the window during my miscellaneous dead heads (crew repositioning flights), marveled at the views and grinned even more...  I get to see so many amazing places and people.  My office is 30,000 feet in the sky and I wouldn't trade it for an office in the tallest building in Atlanta. 


I started last weekend in St. Louis...  and both weekends I was scheduled to fly to one of my favorite overnights.  Many flight attendants don't want this trip but I love it.  Monterrey, Mexico.  Get in at 11am and sit poolside with a book all day... great Mexican food next door later... and the ability to grab Vanilla from duty free when I leave.  I'll take this trip anytime in the winter over any Northern cities.  A warm toasty Heather equals a happy Heather.

Speaking of happy...  My name is Heather, I am your flight attendant today and I will be ensuring your flight is enjoyable.  Sit back, relax and enjoy the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment