Saturday, April 26, 2014

Aim for Economics Paper

This morning I woke up at 8 with a warm furry purring cat on my chest.  We had a discussion about me needing to get up.  Avery fought valiantly to keep me down.  I HAD to get up because today IS the day I slotted in my crazy schedule to write my 20 page Economics paper due this semester.  Last night I even made a point of telling my girls (Cherie and Angie) that I had to hunker down and write today... Don't call or show up.  I need to WRITE darn it.  Today is THE day!!!

I got up, made my coffee, cleaned the kitchen and changed my refrigerator water filter.  Then I spotted the plants I bought yesterday to replace those that bit the dust in our late frost last week.  Now or later?  I grabbed my gloves and a shovel, and planted those along with the peppers I have been raising in my kitchen.  I hoed the aisles and weeded the veggie/herb garden.  Then watered it of course...

I remembered the other seeds I have that I haven't cultivated yet...  So I cleaned out my peet containers and set them up again for the next go round...  and planted those seeds...  a few types of peppers and a few hydrangeas coming soon hopefully...

Oooh, what is that I spy in the garden as I place the peet trays on the table....  Must go look...  The next round of daffy's and Iris's are starting to bloom.  Gotta go take pictures.

I love Iris.  Probably one of my favorite flowers on the planet.  Majestic and gorgeous!  This one is one of my favorites in my garden.  If I kept the gardeners log that my mom keeps telling me to keep, I'd know the name of it...

So now I am back inside at 10:45... Sitting with a cup of baileys and coffee and eating one of my baked oatmeals... Cherie and Angie have been texting me since 9:39 (they listen well)...  and Cherie (who also has a paper to write) has already called me on the way to go for a bike ride...  My first words were "There is a STRICT moratorium on you contacting me today.  I told you that!".... Yeah she laughed and kept talking... sigh.

Now I'm at an impasse as I sip my coffee... The book I need to reference to start the Economics paper is upstairs in my room...  Next to the pile of clothes I need to fold... I am a MASTER procrastinator... The moment I walk away from this blog, I'll be folding clothes instead of writing the paper...  and maybe I'll go for a 6 mile run too... so I can figure out how to be inspired enough to write about inequalities...

Pray for me... 







No comments:

Post a Comment