Saturday, April 19, 2014

Aim For the "tude"

A new acquaintance posted this today and I smiled wistfully as I read it.  Truth in every word...  but today is a good day... it's a lazy morning day that soon will be filled with an early family Easter gathering...

As I sat here with Avery purring on my lap trying to convince me to not start working on my papers (purr do not look at the light box... purr oops did I just hit random keys that made your screen disappear... purr), I spoke to a friend on the phone, looked at other friends updates on Facebook and listened to the clothes washer humming down the hall...  Normal peaceful day... and then someone got snippy.   Grrr... I'm not going to let that moment rule my day so I'm going to quickly expunge it and another moment from last night in a blog vent....

I'm constantly told I have a big heart... a good heart... that I care too much...  it's what everyone loves about me... and what some people hate about me..

Yesterday I was told that I shouldn't care so much about work.  I had made a simple observation with a loved one that the catering in Detroit sucks and that it sets flight attendants up for failure.  If my aircraft repeatedly doesn't get catered then I am unable to provide the level of service my passengers expect.  I have pride in my job.  "Well if the company doesn't care why should you?"  The day I don't care about how my job is done is the day I will quit.  I am great at what I do.  My passengers love me and hug me as they walk off my plane.   Don't tell me I shouldn't care.  The conversation went on and I finally asked why we were having a debate over whether I should care?  It's ME.  I CARE about people.  "That's what I love about you and sometimes it also drives me nuts..."  That's why you have a job that doesn't deal with people because you don't have that capacity.  Back off...

I go above and beyond for people on a daily basis... Again, it's who I am.  I encourage, support, listen, give helpful feedback.  It's why I was a great Union Rep.  So when people that know me mistake anything I say as anything other than supportive and loving, I want to pull my hair out.  Ouch really?  Look at the source and think, did Heather really mean it THAT way?  Breathe before you get snippy with me.  I care until I get hurt.  When I or a loved one gets hurt by someone I shut down shut out and move on.

I love the world but sometimes I just want to smack y'all up the side of your head.  I'm going to let this all go now... and drink more coffee, shower and get dolled up for my Easter.  If Mandella could forgive his oppressors, I can forgive your momentary lack of sense.  Christ died for your sins and he rose again on Easter.  I'll be forgiving y'all for your sins in inadvertently hurting me.  Today.

Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment