Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break... Aim for Water...


It's Spring Break... and this means travel for most... After somehow managing to get 16 days off... We decided to test our luck in getting out to San Francisco. Alas the DL gods didn't award us the winning ticket... I know better during Spring Break, but it would have been lovely to see family.


So by day 2 we gave up flying to San Francisco and spent the day in Atlanta... Atlantic Station and Imax 3D viewing of Wrath of the Titans...

I spend the evening searching for places our planes fly that stop at water... I'm aiming for a beach... A warm beach...

Finally day 3 we hop a plane to one of my favorite overnights, Wilmington, NC. Cape Fear area... beach, beach and MORE beach... We drive south, through Carolina Beach and find Fort Fisher...


This is my view for the rest of the day...



I decide to take a chance and take the kids to my favorite restaurant in Wilmington. Lil Dipper... It's a fondue place and they have never eaten fondue before... it's a total hit.




We wandered the wharf along the Cape Fear River. CJ decided to rest on a ship... while Katie thought it would be fun to lift it up.


The next morning, waffle fortified we went back to Fort Fisher... it's a beautiful day.




We end the day eating at another fondue place, The Melting Pot... not as good as Lil Dipper but the kids are happy with the chocolate fondue at the end of the meal.

We get up early the next morning and head back to Atlanta... Relaxed and happy... and slightly tanned. I get back home and my garden has lots of 'welcome home' surprises... Hostas are going wild.



Azalea's are in full bloom...



OMG this iris is amazing.


Today I spent the whole afternoon shopping with my boo to get plants for my garden. Went to Randy's Pond and Perennials... cool place...


We weeded, pruned, and brought the garden out of winter mode and into spring/summer. Planted half dozen new perennials to fill in the the blanks that didn't survive the winter..


We planted three different types of tomatoes... 3 different types of peppers... eggplant... basil...


I'm so stupidly happy. Great times with my kids... and a great 24 hours with my boo. My life is perfectly imperfect.

I love you CJ & Katie... with all my heart. I love you boo... with all that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment