Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Aim for Alex

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and spring break... Thanks to my mom for my new blog logo to the left... Too funny and perfect!

The bunnies got a break this Easter morn... Or some might say, my children did... It's a tradition in my household to do the bunny hop...


The bunny hop is a novelty dance that was created at Balboa High School of San Francisco in 1952. The dance has been generally done to Ray Anthony's big band recording of the song. It's a variation on a conga line. You dance in a line, holding the hips of the person in front of you. You tap the floor two times with your right foot, then with your left foot, then hop forwards, backwards, and finally three hops forward... The first person in the line leads the group around the floor.

In our case, the bunny hop is done all the way down the street from my children's Oma and Opa (when I grew up it was done down the street from my mother's parents)... This signals to the Easter bunny that we are not home and that he should hide the eggs. The men stay behind to wait for the bunny, while the women and children hop their way merrily down the street.

Alas, this Easter morn, I woke up with the worst hang over in decades... Courtesy of my bff's friend, who kept pouring margaritas at dinner and later providing beer as we three played darts... I didn't notice how much I drank... I never felt blitzed... But apparently my poor lil body was poisoned. So I'm aiming for my bff Alex this week... because I have no clue how to find Steve.

This was how I looked at my Easter celebration... Yes, that's a large bottle of Tums... That and a bit of applesauce was my Easter dinner lol...


Perhaps I should be aiming for my step mom for taking the picture... But I digress... when it was time to do the bunny hop my children both took a stand and said "We AREN'T doing the bunny hop this year"...

Weakly I responded... "You guys get a break... because I can't jar my poor body today... I'll be walking down the street looking older than Oma... Just keep up with us two lil old ladies will you...?"

Here's my step mom, Corrie, and Katie right before the egg hunt... (No it wasn't a requirement to wear this color scheme... somehow they came up with it on their own)...


My kids are getting sooo big...


Katie finding an egg... We don't hide real eggs, but plastic ones filled with cash or candy... :)


The kids checking out their Easter goods after the egg hunt... (and me trying to hold it together and watch them)...


All in all my kids had a good Easter... I was able to spend time in a very quiet, slow state with my family... which is better than being away from home, but not quite the Easter I planned...

The last two days I was gone... One for work and one for a union meeting in Newark... That was interesting and informative... I'll be going to more of those in the future... Especially when we get our own local lodge... I'm not holding my breath on that being soon... :(

This morning I got to spend a lovely morning lounging with the man I love madly... did a nice run and workout through Piedmont Park... and then brunch after... Truly a perfect start to the day... He centers me like no other. One of my life's greatest gifts.

As always, returning home I find a spring surprise... Today was from one of the Rhododendron's I planted in my front yard last year after I removed the 'builders bush'...


Spring is in the air... love surrounds me... the sun is out... and life is good...

If you run into Alex's friend Steve... kick him in the knee for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment