Monday, March 26, 2012

Iris Make Me Happy


Sooo true today... After a 3 day trip with wake up calls before 4 a.m... this night girl is dragging her sorry butt. I worked with 3 flight attendants that I adore, and had a fabulous time in Mexico, so I'm not complaining...

Driving home today, I kept looking at the weather and thinking my barbecue was calling me... I LOVE BBQ chicken! One of my favorite meals... I was trying to think of how I could do it quickly. What I could get around.. because I can barely see straight... I'm thinking I have to do laundry, grab kids, post a blog, work on open time, clean the cat's litter box... and all I want to do is put my fuzzy pink slippers on, lay down on the couch and pass out... Yet when I pull into my driveway, I see them... IRIS! They're beginning to bloom. I leap out of my car and wander all over my garden... taking pictures and oohing over each one of them. I LOVE IRIS!


The blog begins to write itself in my head... The exhaustion leaves for a while... I am rejuvenated by the happiness my Iris give me. I look around the garden and yearn to get my hands in the dirt. I look to the calendar in my head and figure out when I will have enough time to do a 'spring cleaning' of the garden and plant my veggies.


I see the perennials that have come back, yet again, faithfully. I wonder why anyone would plant annuals. I get their purpose.... But perennials are like Christmas every spring... A gift that keeps on giving. I love that I plant them once and they keep returning... bigger, stronger...


Another gift that keeps on giving and keeps returning bigger... stronger... the love that I have from my boo... I'd like to thank him for 'getting there' on a few of my overnights this month... I love you beyond reason... Each day is a gift.

And with that... the first picture of this blog has inspired me... I have the drink... I have the cat... a bath is calling my name...

Oleta Adams "Get Here"

You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by trailway
You can reach me on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind
You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man
I don't care how you get here, just - get here if you can

You can reach me by sail boat, climb a tree and swing rope to rope
Take a sled and slide down the slope, into these arms of mine
You can jump on a speedy colt, cross the border in a blaze of hope
I don't care how you get here, just - get here if you can

There are hills and mountains between us
Always something to get over
If I had my way, surely you would be closer
I need you closer

You can windsurf into my life, take me up on a carpet ride
You can make it in a big balloon, but you better make it soon
You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man
I don't care how you get here, just - get here if you can

I don't care how you get here, just -- get here if - you can

No comments:

Post a Comment