Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Aim For The Cold




Cold or Cold... Aim for either...

This past weekend I flew 7,224 miles... Done in 16 flights in 4 days...  By the middle of day two I had a dry cough... day 3 and 4, I had a slightly sore throat.  I'd gone running in two different states, so I figured maybe my allergies were going bananas...  Alas, the middle of last night, my first night home, my head lost control of my nose...

I rarely ever get colds.  I think thats because, as a flight attendant, I get exposed to so many things in small doses... Kinda like a vaccine.  When I do get a cold, it's an annoyance... as a single mom, who is only home a few days a week, I can't afford the down time.  So I trudge on sneezing and sniffling away.

This morning, I sneezed and sniffled through 5 bags of mulch for my front yard.  Lowes had a deal on them that ended yesterday... I stopped on the way home and purchased what I realistically knew I could put down in a day (today).  All this morning I dreamed of my pillow and/or a hot bath, but kept on trucking... making my garden look pretty while I'm looking like death warmed over...


Aim for Cold?

You can aim for the other definition of cold if you like... Mother Nature is pulling a fast one on us in Atlanta this week.  I was outside doing the mulch in sweatpants and a fleece jacket... In April... Where I'm supposed to be happily gardening in shorts and tank tops... Puhlease put another log on the fire Mother dear, and tell Mr Heat and Mr Snow to stop fighting... I want the healing sunshine on my face during my days off... Is that too much to ask?

Along asking for too much...  Last October I raised $2600 for the Breast Cancer Walk in Atlanta in honor of my favorite aunt who died in September at 60... May 11th I will be walking the Relay For Life in Forsyth County in honor of my neighbor Allan who died last summer at 37.  His wife has a team goal of $5000, and we're $50 away.  If anyone still has a spare $5 in their pockets after gas and everyone elses fundraisers, I'd appreciate it if you'd donate to our team. 

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=22831798&pg=personal&fr_id=39707


This day lily is almost done, but my boo should note the location of the blue tower in the right hand corner...  He'll understand what that means... :)

Gardening done, blog written, it's time to pass out for two hours before my kids come home...

Today is a gift!  Go unwrap it!

Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment