Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Early Spring


It is officially Spring, and yet in Atlanta, it has been Spring for weeks. I've been cringing, watching all of my beloved bulbs and fruit trees happily start to bloom... I kept waiting for that final March frost... and now, I think, I can breathe easily...


Well maybe that's the wrong words to say... no one living in Atlanta is breathing easily this week... With 9000+ pollen counts, our homes, cars, and streets are yellow... I'd wear a gas mask though to watch the Spring revival every year if I had to. From such desolate landscape to such amazing beauty in a small space of time... It really takes my breath away and is a reminder that life does rise from the ashes... what was bleak will shine again...


I don't know what I love more... Forsythia, Daffodils, or Dogwood... Do I have to choose? Ones a bulb, ones a bush, and the other a tree... Perhaps I can love them all equally...


This little redbud was a freebie from Arbor Day Society... Loving it... look how cute and pretty it is this year...


My blueberries are looking fabulous so far... I'll be blogging "Aim for the Birds" soon, as I fight them for the luscious fruit these bushes will bear...


My country road, that takes me home... this time of year it has cherry trees lining the left, and dogwoods lining the right... How lucky am I to drive by this beauty daily...?


Country Roads, Redux... (Sorry John)

Almost heaven, West Suwanee,
Appalachian Mountains, Chattahoochee River,
My life is new here, newer than the trees,
Where theres lil mountains, and barely any breeze

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong,
West Suwanee,
Mini van mamma,take me home
Country roads

All my memories, gather round him
Sweetest man, stranger to Hotlanta
Dark and sexy, paints my love 'cross the sky
Misty taste of bourbon, teardrop in my eye

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong,
West Suwanee,
Mini van Mamma, take me home
To the country roads

I hear his voice in the midnight hour he calls me
Radio reminds me of my man far away
Driving down the road I get a feeling
That he should have been home yesterday, yesterday

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong,
West Suwanee,
Mini van Mamma, take me home
Country roads

Take me home, that country road
Take me home, that country road

No comments:

Post a Comment