Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Didn't Say Aim For Possums!


In the last couple of days I've noticed an abundance of road kill - possums and raccoons... Neither affect my garden, so please drivers, back off!


Senseless killing affects the psyche of all... My heart goes out to the families in this week's OH shooting rampage... Our children in GA are taught to go into a room without windows if a tornado is coming... In CA we teach our children to duck under tables if an earthquake hits... Do parents in America need to tell our children how to duck, run (not in a straight line) and hide in the event a classmate brings a gun to school? Columbine... Virginia Tech... and now Chandon?

An hour ago it came out that the gun was from his grandfathers (who he lives with) barn. Yessiree gun rights activists... guns don't kill people... people kill people... and when you leave guns in a place where children can get to them, you are increasing the chances of them being used maliciously (teenage angst) or accidentally (how many kids have injured themselves or others out of curiosity?)... Screw you all and your right to bear arms... I shouldn't have to worry about educating my kids on escaping classmates with guns... Nuff said... except my prayers are with the last child in the hospital... may they survive, heal and thrive...


Years ago I went to an eBay convention... and to my surprise, Davy Jones did a concert on night 1. It didn't occur to me that he was alive still... I remember thinking "HOLY SHIT Davy Jones? Where did they find him!" LOL He was a completely entertaining performer... I consider myself lucky to have seen this concert... I grinned from ear to ear while watching... singing songs from my childhood... I have memories as a child walking to school with my besties... singing...

"Here we come, walking down the street
We get the funniest looks from everyone we meet.

Hey, hey, we're the monkees
And people say we monkey around,
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down..."


RIP Davy... and thanks for my memories...


My life has been stressful the last couple of days with car troubles and taxes... but I think I've come to grips with it all, and like a cat, I will again land on my feet... I'm blessed with an incredible emotional support system around me that keeps me sane when I'm feeling a bit broken... I love you all....


I'm staring outside and seeing the fat little birdies return to my birdbath and garden... It's time to start feeding them again... I stopped because of the chipmunk digging a condo association under my flower and vegetable gardens... Hopefully he moved when the fast food restaurant closed...


What that fat lil birdie is telling me... is the same thing my garden is telling me... "Spring is here... Believe as we believe... Don't live in fear of the cold of winter... We survived and we thrived..." I love my fat little birdies... and my early daffodils... :)


I BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment