Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mom Says Aim for Squirrels Too...


After reading my last blog, my dear mother said "Squirrels dig up bulbs, get them too..." Since my Spring garden is definitely affected by rabbits (the nibbled greens) and potentially affected by squirrels (all bulbs)... I've decided to put an APB for either on the country roads of Suwanee...


“Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest.
The soul, uneasy, and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.”
- Alexander Pope


In Spring, hope springs eternal... I have always loved Spring... Winter, with all of the dormant bleakness and bitter cold depresses me. January, post holidays, is the worst of all. Nothing to enjoy... it's just a month you must ENDURE. Then late February, something amazing begins to happen... Little green leaves start to peak out of the soil... winter has rejuvenated their lil bulb souls... and by March, Hyacinth, Daffodils, and Crocus are all bravely fighting the elements reminding us that even when life is depressing, to look around and find moments of beauty... if winter can pass and earth can glow again... so too, can we...

I step out each Spring, wander my back 40, and find these bits of beauty throughout my garden... and it makes me smile... as the temperature begins to hit the 60's again, I stretch my arms out and look up to the sun... like the plants, I reach for it's healing warmth. Spring is here... and in ME, the hope that lays eternal begins to find ways to make dreams reality... Depression is shaken off, and my brain can function again, spinning cotton candy out of rain clouds...

On so many levels, my Winter has gone and Spring is warming my soul once more. Life is simply... good...


"Don't you worry your pretty little mind,
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours...
" - Taylor Swift "Ours"

No comments:

Post a Comment